Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I Know it Was You, Taco Bell. *KISS* You Broke My Heart. *Bad-ass look*

Yesterday was a sad day for my stomach and stomachs all over this glorious nation.  Did you hear about the lawsuit against Taco Bell?  It's literally the saddest stomach-related news I've gotten in ... well, years, actually.


Okay, so here's the issue:  They tested the "beef" and it does not contain enough beef for them to legally call it beef.  Ugh.  To legally call it beef, it has to be 70% meat and 30% fat.  However, it doesn't even meet the standards for "taco meat filling," which only has to contain 40% meat. Double ugh.  It contains ... 35% meat.


I don't really eat at Taco Bell that often, but I love it so much I really wish I did.  Like, if I suddenly came down with a serious wasting disease and was ordered to consume thousands of calories at every meal?  Eh, it wouldn't be all that bad.  


Also, I don't actually eat the beef at Taco Bell, and usually don't eat any meat there at all (except when I was pregnant and chicken Nachos Bell Grande saved my life), but if they can serve beef like that, what the H-E-double-hockey sticks are they putting in the cheesy bean burritos??


The worst part, really, is that Taco Bell is denying it, even though there is evidence to the contrary. Taco Bell claims "We start with 100 percent USDA-inspected beef. Then we simmer it in our proprietary blend of seasonings and spices to give our seasoned beef its signature Taco Bell taste and texture.  We are proud of the quality of our beef and identify all the seasoning and spice ingredients on our website. Unfortunately, the lawyers in this case elected to sue first and ask questions later and got their facts absolutely wrong."


Why couldn't they just be like, "My bad.  We'll call it what we legally have to call it or change the recipe.  We love our customers and will do anything to keep them around."


It's a bad day for the Bell and a bad day for my taste buds. 

3 comments:

  1. I thought Taco Bell was a mexican phone company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sad sad day. i love cheesy gordita crunches. there is "beef" in those, and this churns my stomach. =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. sad sad day. i love cheesy gordita crunches. there is "beef" in those, and this churns my stomach. =(

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave me a comment, an angel earns its wings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...