Monday, November 22, 2010

Holiday Giving Guide: "Child at Heart" Edition

I am a S-L-O-W holiday shopper, and I look around for ages and ages to find presents for my loved ones.  During that extended shopping time, I always find oodles of fun stuff that *I* might not be buying, but I feel that someone else REALLY should be purchasing.

Most of the time, those gifts are of a fun variety because it's possible that my husband and I are a bit ... how shall I put this?  Interested in many of the same things we were interested in when we were children.  You think there's something wrong with that?  Chances are, you live a very boring life.  But hey, I would probably still be your friend.  I'm just THAT kind.

Anywhoo, this edition of my shopping guide is for the young-at-heart amongst you.

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLE COLOR GLASS SET (4)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Glass Tumbler Set, $24.99
If you don't love you some TMNT, then you either were born LONG ago or like, yesterday.  Either that, or you are cold-hearted.  Or don't own a TV.  I am not making a very strong case here.  What I meant was, EVERYONE loves the Turtles, and these heroes in a halfshell glasses could really sass up your fine china.

BUDDAH BUTTER DISH
Buddha Butter Dish, $19.99
Okay, I have to admit:  I like this butter dish mostly because it reminds me of the moment on The Office when Michael thinks he is making a hilarious joke when he asks Pam to "Buddha" his bread for him.  But the more I look at this thing, the more I love it.  Perfect if your kitchen needs more humor.  Or butter.  Or both.

HENRY VIII MUG
Henry VIII Heat-Sensitive Mug, $11.99
So this one is actually pretty nerdy, but so I am.  Heh heh.  Henry VIII and his gluttony for wives.  Now THAT'S funny.  To history majors ...

STORMTROOPER CHARACTER LAMP
Stormtrooper Lamp and Alarm Clock, $49.99
Also available in Darth Vader and Boba Fett
This one goes out to my husband.  This is what I am sure he would have wanted next to his bed when he was a young lad.  And he might want it there now, but I JUST GOT HIM A NEW ALARM CLOCK AND HE WILL LOVE IT FOREVER AND NEVER NEED ANOTHER ONE.




ZOMBIE VOICES MAGNETIC POETRY KIT
Zombie Magnetic Poetry Kit, $11.99
Is your current refrigerator magnetic poetry kit too romantic?  Is it too mundane?  Does it stifle the horror writer inside you that is bubbling to the surface?  Well, then look no further.  Every morning can start with poetry inspired by devouring brains and whatnot.

BURGER PHONE
Cheeseburger Phone, $19.99
You don't have to be a Juno fan to love this phone.  A cheeseburger you put up to your ear.  Priceless.

NINJABREAD MEN COOKIE CUTTERS
Ninjabread Men Cookie Cutters, $7.99
I don't mean to be a jerk, but I always thought regular old gingerbread men and women were pretty lame-balls.  If you want some NON-boring cookies, I would highly suggest the ninjabread men, who, of course can also be used with sugar cookies, shortbread, etc.  Add a little ninja to your life!


LEGO Storage Bins, $27 (medium) $41 (large) $32 (head)
Never got over your love of LEGOs?  Also think they make a stylish statement?  Decorate your home with them!  Or, hide them under your bed and then smile every time you pull out your little secret.

Is your fridge missing a mustache?  Yes.  Yes it is.

Happy shopping!  Only 32 shopping days left!  (Do you hate me for saying that?  I take it back.  Do you love me again?  PLEASE?  Because I love YOU.)

3 comments:

  1. Ninja bread men must be bought. I don't know who I will give them to but whoever it is will be blessed with an amazing gift.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. TMNT tumblers?! Ninjabread Men?!

    Dear Santa...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ninja bread men must be bought. I don't know who I will give them to but whoever it is will be blessed with an amazing gift.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave me a comment, an angel earns its wings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...