Thursday, May 13, 2010

Cake-tastic

My mom told me to decide what kind of cake I wanted for my baby shower, and I was sure a Google image search would not disappoint.  Boy, was I right.  I found the WORLD'S WORST BABY SHOWER CAKE.  It is amazing and horrible, and I wanted to show it to you in all its glory, but instead I had to put up censor bars so as not to scar the sensibilites of my gentle readers. 

You migt be thinking at this point, censor bars on a BABY SHOWER cake?  Yeah, well.  You'll see ...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
BAM!


I told you it was something.  (If you're dying to see the original, click here)

So, what to do after finding the world's worst cake?  Find the best cake molds!!  I could shower you with amazing and impossible-to-recreate cakes, but I thought I would instead share cakes you can actually make.  I should probably be getting a cut of all sales that result from this post.  Note to self: contact companies demanding money.

Okay, on to my new favorite cake pans.

Here is one that you might have already seen, but I think it is worth highlighting:

Seriously, who doesn't love cupcakes?  And we all know making things giant is MONEY.  I can see this sitting in front of a one-year-old on his/her birthday as easily as I can see it at grandma's birthday bash.  Versitile AND delicious.  Killer.


Speaking of making giant sweets out of other sweets:


YUM!  It begs to be picked up and eaten like a giant Oreo.  I would really enjoy seeing that.


This last cake follows on the theme of giant things and also made me think of my husband:


OH YEAH (in a Mac voice from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia)!  The fillings can be anything your heart desires, so all kinds of taste sensations could spring from this cake!  It also begs to be picked up and eaten.  Fan-bloody-tastic.


I still need to decide what my baby shower cake will look like, but I am leaning toward all four of these cakes at once.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe we should get your cake from "Cake Wars" instead of Yale Bakery...poor Anna!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw that cake-sandwich, I got so excited that my stomach twisted up and my brain started whirring things like, "I have to get that! For my birthday! I need it! Ah! This is gonna be the best birthday ever! I'm so excited!"

    Then I realized my birthday isn't for a while.
    And I'm actually pretty upset about it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw that cake-sandwich, I got so excited that my stomach twisted up and my brain started whirring things like, "I have to get that! For my birthday! I need it! Ah! This is gonna be the best birthday ever! I'm so excited!"Then I realized my birthday isn't for a while.And I'm actually pretty upset about it now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The push baby cake is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen.
    How low do we have to get as a society?

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave me a comment, an angel earns its wings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...