Wednesday, January 6, 2010

This Is When I Realized My Insomnia May Have Affected My Precarious Sanity

When is too much too much?


Ah, yes.  When you start pointing your camera in the general direction of your pets in pitch-black bedrooms in the middle of the night and then collapse into fits of laughter when you see how the pictures turned out.  Or maybe it was already too much when I walked into the bedroom and thought they were SOO cute that I should run downstairs, get the camera, get upstairs, realize I left the memory card in the computer, run back downstairs for the memory card, put it into the camera and run BACK upstairs, all the while hoping the animal didn't move and ruin my fun.


In my defense, Cleo was laying on the body pillow my mom sent me ....





Who WOULDN'T want a photo of that?!?


And, my sweet little MoJo poses a lot, and you can't tell me he doesn't look precious when he crosses his little paws!



(That lump under his paws is my husband's leg.)


After taking this senior picture-esque shot of the cat, I may or may not have been laughing so hard I snorted.  I told him I wanted to try to get just one more shot (Like, spoke to him.  Out loud.  Inches from my sleeping husband.) ...





... and it finally hit me when he gave me this "what is your deal, lady?" look.  I have gone over the edge.  


Even more terrifying is the fact that I realized anthropomorphizing my pets is all well and good (it's like my favorite thing ever), but when their imagined emotions lead me to major realizations ... 


Time to wake up Jeremy and force him to help me fall asleep. 


*             *             *              *              *


UPDATE (2:32 AM):  So guess what?  I woke up Jeremy and told him I needed help falling asleep.  But I am still awake.  Here is what transpired: 


Veronica:  Umm, Jeremy.  Wake up.  If you love me, you will help me fall asleep.
Jeremy:  Are you serious?
V:  Dead serious.  I need to get up in a few hours so I can go to an all-day meeting, so let's get crackin'.  Put me to sleep.
J:  I can't just "put you to sleep."  You are in charge of your body.
V:  But if you loved me, you would rub my back and soothe me and sit up and wait until I fall asleep.
J:  Remember how I rubbed your back from 10:00 to 11:30?
V:  That was then.  This is now.  If you LOVED ME, you would help me more.
J:  You can't keep saying that.  
V:  But it's true.  If you loved me, you wouldn't be able to fall asleep until you knew I was safely asleep.
J:  Veronica ... I love you, but right now I don't like you very much.
V:  My mom used to say that to me a lot.
J:  Well ... [rolls over and goes back to sleep]


*             *             *              *              *


UPDATE #2 (2:55 AM):  I guess I really didn't learn anything at all.


MoJo came waltzing over to me, purring, wearing his tail in his infamous "Question Mark" style, and I immediately reached for the camera.  I have NEVER been able to get a picture of that tail!  Tonight's the night!!


BAM!:



Isn't it majestic??  And yes, that IS Michael Scott who is being framed by my cat's tail.  Season 5: Prince Family Paper.


But seriously, maybe I should wake Jeremy up again.


*             *             *              *              *


UPDATE #3 (8:25 AM):  I'm feeling a little guilty.  Jeremy just left for work -- 45 minutes late -- because he hit the snooze too many times.  Which MIGHT be a direct result of me waking him up constantly and crying in his face.


At about 4:30, he woke up and said very nice things to me and tried to rub my back and stay awake.  And this was while I had been plotting evil things to get him to wake up and like me enough again to help soothe me to sleep.


I think he loves me AND likes me!  At least he will until he reads this.

13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Insomnia doesn't make any darn sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice the ASPCA doesn't reclaim pets because of emotional abuse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's so funny that you too take photos of your pets in the middle of the night. I do that too! When I can't sleep and I see my kitty laying on my husband or in the bed with us, I snap and text a bff who is also an insomniac!

    I have to say, my husband has never and will never rub my back for more than one minute. You're a lucky girl!

    Ally@

    Tales Of A Fourth Grade Nothing

    ReplyDelete
  5. De-stalking.....Love your blog and your dog and glad I can sleep, too.

    Soooooo......Tag, you're it: Been Awarded on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, V! You have the exact same comforter cover that WE do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL. I am so going to show this to Brian. He thinks I am the only crazy woman to ask stuff like that. He also gets to rub my back a lot! You are lucky that Jeremy didn't kill you for waking him up. I guess he is a pretty nice guy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. dogimo -- I assume you are a fellow sufferer!!

    Sarah P -- Yeah, but I'm guessing it's just because they don't do enough diligent research. They turn a blind eye to blatant torture on personal blogs. Stupid.

    Jennifer Lynn -- I love my dog, too!

    Thanks for the award!

    Joe Cap -- Target? My husband actually picked it out!

    Kristina -- the only crazy one?!?! HA!! My sanity is greatly exaggerated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i wish someone would put me to sleep- sounds refreshing and a hair scary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i wish someone would put me to sleep- sounds refreshing and a hair scary.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL. I am so going to show this to Brian. He thinks I am the only crazy woman to ask stuff like that. He also gets to rub my back a lot! You are lucky that Jeremy didn't kill you for waking him up. I guess he is a pretty nice guy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's nice the ASPCA doesn't reclaim pets because of emotional abuse.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave me a comment, an angel earns its wings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...