Saturday, January 23, 2010

Etsy Saturdays: III

Yes, I have been super-lame all week, but I will still provide an ETSY SATURDAY!





In support of the handmade revolution, I bring you Etsy Saturdays!  I will highlight a fun, new shop every week, and I hope you will stop over to see their merchandise or find something else you love while you're there.  To see all Etsy Saturdays, click here.
*I have not been compensated in any way for this post*


This week's etsy shop is one that is near and dear to my heart because of the kindness she is showing to one of my friends.


Stoned Fusion is dontating every cent she makes between now and the end of January to my friend Amanda and her stepdaughter who recently lost their entire family and all of their belongings in a fire.  


Just before Christmas, Amanda's house caught on fire.  Her husband told her to get out and call for help while he got their 4-year-old and 8-month-old from their nearby bedrooms.  Amanda got to the window and called for help while her stepdaughter escaped from her first-floor bedroom.  Her neighbors got a ladder and pulled her out, but her husband and babies died moments later.


While the community has been very generous, it takes a lot to replace everything you need to use on a given day -- the things you take for granted like pots and pans and dishes and silverware.  Thankfully, shops like Stoned Fusion are helping out AND giving you a lovely product for it.  


Here is my favorite piece:


Number 5

Check out Stoned Fusion and give them a shout-out for helping total strangers re-build their lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you leave me a comment, an angel earns its wings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...