Thursday, July 2, 2009

Prison Break

I was having a lovely, unproductive day today, and aside from the dreary weather, things were going swimmingly. Then, I innocently went to deposit a dirty dish in the sink and noticed the window that leads to the back yard looked this:


And then I realized I had not seen or heard from my cat in the last half hour. I ran out the back door screaming "MOJO!!!" and immediately saw him sitting in the far, way-back region of our neighbors' yard, apparently appreciating the fence they recently put up around their compost area.

MoJo saw me, heard me scream his name, and took off running. I could not believe it. I was beyond shocked. This is the cat I spoil rotten and who supposedly loves me. Running. Outdoors. Where the scary things live. I had honestly thought that he had learned his lesson a few months ago when he snuck out with our guests one night and was gone a full 36 hours before returning home filthy, exhausted, starving, and scared. As he started running towards the front of my neighbors' house (and the ROAD!!!!), I was frozen on the spot. I didn't yell, I didn't move, I just stood there with my mouth wide open and my heart in my feet.

But, MoJo wasn't running into the dangerous street. Instead, he ran down the neighbors' driveway, turned right and ran down the sidewalk, turned right again, and ran up our driveway, skidding to a stop at my feet. I grabbed him and dragged him indoors, and now he is sitting here next to me, purring, and looking all innocent.


Unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you leave me a comment, an angel earns its wings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...